Monday, February 27, 2012

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT ON CHOC BELAFONTE


Name: Choc Belafonte

Hometown: Philly

Genre: Hip Hop/ Rap

Contact Info: lustchoc@gmail.com (email), @chocbelafonte (twitter)

Tell The Asaq about yourself: Cool guy who wears bowties & expensive rare loafers who happens to rap. lol. Nah i'm just a student of the game who is finally getting a chance to speak in front the class. I'm from Germantown in Philly. Most may describe my style as smooth, elegant grown man rap. Me personally I just "do me in the booth & give you me 100%" aka " i keep it a BEAN!". The name Choc Belafonte was somewhat inherited via a friend of mine while watching the BET awards a few years ago when Harry Belafonte won a lifetime award. I was already going my "Choc" at the the time. My homie said "yo you should use Belafonte in your name, cause you a smooth cat. So I ran with it. I've been going in for years with this music, I think I finally reached the place i need to be in order to achieve my dreams.

How long have you been doing music?: since I was 15, always been a fan & inspired by great artist of all genres.

Do you have an artist that you would compare yourselftoo/who inspired you growing up?: I was inspired by many artist such as the usual Nas, Big, Hov etc but I would say my main source of inspiration was Big Daddy Kane. The smooth, laidback but yet distinctive delivery made me an instant fan. Alot of folks often say i remind them of them.

It’s Saturday…the day is free…what can we catch you doing?: If i'm not in the studio, i'm usually watching a good movie (getting my cable bill payments worth, lol) or im coolin' w/ my family. Life is short so I think you should spend time with those that mean the world to you.

What are your future plans?: I plan to bring life to brandname of Choc Belafonte via my music of course & also venture into fashion via my own exclusive line of bowties for the cool guy who dares to be an individual.

What has been the most difficult part about your journey?: The most difficult part of my journey has been to not allowing business to spoil friendships. If you are friends before the game, you should friends after the game. Money & fame are only temporary.

What does the phrase “I am not your competition” mean to you?: We are in this together, no need to think i'm against you or praying for your downfall.

Any other words for The Asaq?  Thanks for opportunity to work with such a great young author/business woman.

Links: video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mOtQC3xcI

  mixtape:


  http://www.datpiff.com/Choc-Belafonte-Choctober-mixtape.278163.html


reverbnation:


http://www.reverbnation.com/chocbelafonte


1 comment:

  1. On the money, for you are truly your own person. You have been determined to see your dream manifest itself without compromising how you feel and who you are. Continue doing you and stay open to what is in store from beyond your eye gate little brother! Love you for real!!!

    ReplyDelete